The classic BOSS distortion, enhanced with new tonal possibilities through Waza craftsmanship.
The orange DS-1 was introduced in 1978 as one of the first models in the BOSS compact series. He redefined the sound of distortion and is still as influential today. Its hard attack and smooth sustain have made it the best-selling compact effect to date. And his signature tone is at the root of the signature sounds of a long list of rock and alternative iconic artists. With the DS-1W, the legendary stomp joins other BOSS classics in the Waza Craft series, fusing the look and character of the original with a new, discrete, all-analog circuit for extended range and versatility.
- Special Edition Waza Craft pedal for the ultimate BOSS sound experience
- Newly revised two-stage gain circuit with discrete analog components
- Standard mode delivers the legendary sound of the original DS-1
- Custom mode provides fatter distortion tones with a focused midrange and improved touch response
- The versatile Tone knob provides wide frequency control, tailored to each mode
- Two modes provide more versatility when using the pedal as a gain booster
- High-quality buffer for a clean and clear sound when in bypass
- Five-year BOSS warranty